Navigation Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer at Last

Well, it seems that I'm in the mood to blog this weekend.  I'm coated in paint, slightly dehydrated, but completely happy with the progress we've made with the front porch.  It's a daunting task as everywhere we look is something else that needs to be scraped and washed and painted...pillars, trim, window & door frame...oops, don't look up!  Yes, even the ceiling of the porch needs attention.  The new storm/screen door looks fantastic...it was a bit tricky to put in, but the results are well worth it!  Ron is going to paint the triangles etc in the peak of the porch yellow, to make the details stand out more.  (See picture below.)

Pillars now painted...not like this picture!

Window frame?  Painted, too.

Day lilies, so called as they only last a day, I believe.
My little herb garden seems to be tolerating my amateur care...the chives and thyme are blooming:
 What?  You didn't think I wouldn't put flowers pictures up again?  Silly you!

We've been doing quite a bit of barbequing.  (I did a rather nice halibut steak on the grill last weekend and it turned out very well, considering I've never barbequed fish before.  I also ventured down a new gourmet path by trying out some tilapia.  (You'll have to google it, I'm afraid, if you don't know what it is or where it's from, as I haven't the foggiest!)  I did it Cajun style and made a nifty little nectarine salsa (you heard it hear first, folks) and steamed veg.  Here's the outcome, sorry about the splotch on the plate...but hey, I'm not Michael Smith now am I?  (If you can't see it, well then bless you for it!)  The salsa features cilantro from the aforementioned herb garden, as well as a bit of garlic chive (NOT blossoming, fiendish thing!)










The fish came out moist and everything was actually quite delicious!  I shall add the photo to my meal of fame album on Facebook.  We'll it's getting late (supper a la Island time) and we haven't yet eaten.  It's hard to pull away from my view; dark green potato fields interspersed with citron green fields of waving grass.  (No amber waves of grain here, nope this is Canada!)  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment