Navigation Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sunshine and Rainbows: When Things Go Right

It's true, I've written a lot about all the little trials and tribulations of living life abroad. Some are vexing, some are laughable and others cause me levels of stress that just aren't worth the jump in my blood pressure. But, that's life, right? Things invariably go in unexpected directions.

Then something happens that makes your life easier and it's all sunshine and rainbows. We got an unexpected call from our internet provider; turns out they're upgrading their equipment and want to give us a different modem. We agreed to be home during their two hour window for the swap out. 


Our neighbour has been having problems with his (the slow death that usually affects such technology), but did I think of asking if they could replace his, too? No, total sometimers moment. But wait...

A few minutes after our conversation, Ron received an email confirming our appointment time window, as well as information about the work being done and the name of the technician. We were slightly baffled and mildly awed by this advancement in customer service. Sadly, it was a "no reply" email, so I couldn't inquire about next door. (I hate calling them, to be honest, so much hoopla.) 


The morning of, we received a reminder phone call and I had my wits about me (it must have been after my two coffees) and queried about next door. The woman assured me that the technician wouldn't have the time or extra equipment, but I should mention it to him, to arrange another appointment.


Well, that lovely man HAD the extra equipment and after a fairly quick call for authorization, he exchanged out our equipment and took care of next door as well. So pleasing! I basked in the glow of the successful operation for the rest of the day.

(One more example of things going right: we had a couple of days of "brownouts", like blackouts, but with a small electrical feed. Miraculously our WiFi, laptops and refrigerator still worked while everything else had no power...how's that for working out well?)

2 comments:

  1. Was that a dream. or did it actually happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked myself the same thing, but it really did happen. There's a new internet modem in the suite next door to prove it!

      Delete