Navigation Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Travel is Great, but so is Your Own Bed

Going to new and interesting destinations is undeniably exciting. Getting there...well, it's not like the old days. Air travel is way less enjoyable than it used to be...I know, first world problems. Case in point, a travel container that I've used for well over 10 years has happily passed through security on every trip we've ever taken. Then comes Bogota. On the way up to Vancouver...no problem, but coming back, they confiscated it, as it was clear (no labels) and didn't have the size printed on it. It was the exact same size as another container that passed muster, but no matter, rules must be followed.  Why? I'll never know, but I'm out just under 100mL of really good quality conditioner. So be it. (I have many other security stories that both infuriate and amuse.


But enough of the kvetching. We're home and there's something so satisfying about that. The one thing we've found about Air B&B's is that most are geared to make money, they aren't usually real homes, so there are a lot of things lacking in the kitchen and throughout the spaces. Except for the fact that we travel mostly with just carry on, I'd bring a chef's knife with me wherever I go.  One space only had one beer glass and one wine glass on our arrival. Whatcha' gonna do?


That's the beauty of home. It has all the things you need (and other things that you might possibly need sometime in the unforeseen future.) It has a comfy bed and things that suit us. I guess it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

So, we're home for now and looking forward to our next adventure. We're also promising ourselves to be good next year and stay closer to home. It's the financially responsible thing to do. Let's hope my appreciation for things near and dear doesn't leave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment