Navigation Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Self-discovery During Quarantine

Confession time, I'm pretty lazy. I can watch TV almost all day without it bothering me. (Lucky me, right?) Of course, I'm getting older, so my body doesn't appreciate sloth come sleep time. If I don't get some exercise, then I get leg twinges or aches, which sucks, but, at least, I know how to stave them off. (Exercise...how horrible.)

During our self-isolation, I discovered some things about myself that surprised me. I do not like audio books. (I'm sorry, was that a collective gasp? I know a lot of devotees.) I'd never have guessed, because I love books. Now, I can see the benefit if you're doing something else: driving, running, knitting etc, but I just doesn't work for me to sit and listen to someone (especially with the wrong voice) read me a story when I've nothing else to do. 

I do, however, enjoy an afternoon "beverage" and snack, probably more than I should. I'm also over the moon that we have the sun porch, as it gives us a window to the outside world and its happenings, even on a limited basis. We have a bevy of...unique...personages that frequent our downtown neighbourhood, so it keeps things interesting.
View from the sun porch
I've found that after an initial rush of "get things done", I've petered off. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right? Unless the sun is out and then our little garden calls, the dirty windows beg to be cleaned and fresh airs seduces us to wanton acts of being outside. (Another gasp?)
We still have to deal with this crap.

Speaking of going outside, shoes...shoes have become terrible. A month and a half in slippers and all of a sudden shoes are these horrible restrictive devices that make my feet hurt after being in them for more than half an hour. What's with that?

I'm sure there will be other things that come to light in the strange days of COVID-19. Have you had any epiphanies? 

4 comments:

  1. Funny - I was just making a list of things I have learned about myself in these times as well. I understand about audio books. Not interested at all. We had snow here today, too. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for the full onset of spring. At least we seem to be having one this year. Be well, Jenn!

      Delete
  2. Its tough balancing relaxing with just wasting time, I'm never sure which I am doing.
    You might get more done if you boarded up your sun porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right, but what's the fun in that?

      Delete