Navigation Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Keep on Truckin'!

I mean that in two ways...one; we finished our 18 wheeler truck cake (pictures below) and B:  (that's a Craig Ferguson reference, if any of you watch his Late Late Show) we survived another completely arbitrary snow storm.  The good news is that the snow is melting fast, but it has set our teeth on edge, as we're now waiting on the proverbial "third" storm to blow through, not that anyone has indicated there might be another, but things do tend to come in threes.  (Isn't it convenient, you just have to wait until the next one to say "Ha!  I told you...THREE!" and when the 4th storm rolls through, you get to say "Here we go again!  When will the other two be?"  Psychology is a weird and inexplicable thing.

Anyhow, I've talked enough about the transport truck cake, so here it is:





Ron had a pretty big hand in this one, he shaped all the wheels and the cab, plus did a lot of the detail work on the cab as well - the indentations and such.  I did the trailer (that was the cake part) and other miscellaneous details.  It doesn't seem all the complicated, but we had to build all the little items, like truck grill, side mirrors, exhaust pipes, hub caps etc.  I had to try and replicate the service guarantee seal on the back.  Considering I did it free hand, it's not bad, but like all our cakes there are things that could be improved.  Our wedding cake tasting went well, so we now have our first wedding cake order, but that won't be until later in June.  I have no further outstanding cake orders at the moment, so we can take a cake rest and I can try and get my book taken care of.  So much to do, so little time.





We are both well and healthy (for the most part, but we're still waiting on Ron's hernia surgery, which is disheartening).  Sorry this is so short and sweet (okay, some of you might enjoy that part of it), but I'm just getting ready to go to work and my brain isn't firing on all it's synapses.  Our love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment