Navigation Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Dodgy-Wodgy House Across the Street

A while ago, I did a post about Ecuadorian construction, as it relates to home additions. It featured the house across the street, that already had interesting nooks and crannies, the sort of which you'd only see in sprawling estates in Canada. (You know the type, the ones that have wings for family members?)
Crazy angles, no?
Anyhow, we noticed a man up on the roof of said house. He appeared several times this week and we finally determined (thanks to my prior blog) that the family was building another addition. We think it's likely just another room, peeking out from behind the last addition. 
Adding another room
Now, I have a fairly fertile imagination, but try as I might, I can't come close to imagining what the house's interior layout looks like. In my mind's eye, I see a sort of labyrinth like warren of dens, with random stairways and hidey-holes. Based on the roof layout, there can't be any decent sight lines or open spaces, just a interconnected series of tiny rooms - enough for everyone in the family, or so I presume.
But for the small part at the right,
it's all the same roof
Like most things here, necessity is the driving force behind changes, so I'm not really sure if the family has thought things out, or is just wodging  in the needed space where it will fit. Either way, it's an interesting spectacle to behold and maybe, one day, I'll get to peek in the house and can stop imagining the wild and wacky arrangement.

1 comment:

  1. It certainly makes the neighbourhood more interesting, certainly not a cookie cutter house.

    ReplyDelete