Navigation Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lightning Strikes Twice!

Well, we've made another cake, as I mentioned that we would in previous blogs.  This is our second PEI cake and while I'm not entirely happy with the outcome, the recipient's mother and father are both ecstatic, so I should be pleased, too.

For those of you not familiar with "Lightning McQueen", he's a Disney character from the movie "Cars" which I have yet to see.  Here's Gavin's cake:

"How you doin'?"


 
 

Oh, yeah, did I mention that I cut all my hair off again?  As to other changes...there's not much to report.  Ron is laying tile in the bathroom and we have the waterproof membrane for the shower stall, so we'll be tiling that this weekend.  Perhaps our bathroom will be finished by the Easter long weekend.  Here are some pictures:
Accent tile with wall colour and floor tile (not black, but grey, I swear!)


Thing on the pipes is a sample of the counter top (blue pearl)
I know the pictures don't really reflect the colours etc, but wait until we get the wallpaper & chandelier up and all the pretty things installed...maybe then it will give you the over all impression.   On a very final note I am almost finished the novel I have been writing for four or so years.  What I'll do with it once I'm done is completely unknown...anyone know any understanding publishers?  But, as Porky Pig says "Bah-dee Bah-dee Bah-dee That's all folks!"  At least for now.


4 comments:

  1. Nice Job on the cake it looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cake Danica, Ben would love it, he likes
    Lighting McQueen.
    I like those accent tiles, I see them at Home Depot and always wonder how they would look.
    Good luck on the novel, are you happy with it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost any and all perspective on my book. There are things that I like about it and things that I'm not sure on and other things were I think "Wow, that's complete crap." Once it's done, I'll sit and read it through without to see if everything makes sense and sounds good. Who knows what after that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a great editor before you need a ral editor. Collette

    ReplyDelete