Navigation Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Let them eat cake!

Marie Antoinette may have been misquoted or misunderstood, but she had the right idea.  We've taken our first foray in to cake making.  It was for one of my friends at work, Saira, who's expecting her first baby.  I made a white Genoise cake (but it turned out a little dry) with butter cream icing and sky blue fondant.  (Okay, I didn't make the fondant, but the rest was from scratch.)  Here's what it looked like:

The fondant wasn't too hard to work with, but it still takes practice, but not bad for a first try, if I do say so myself.  I cut out and painted the stork with his "bundle of joy" and the clouds from gum paste and stuck 'em on with glucose.  Sorry, new orders can't be delivered until after October ;0).  Who knows, maybe we can make cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment